Our agents are currently licensed in the following 12 states for Medicare Supplements; Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nebraska, Arizona, Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Iowa, Indiana and Minnesota.
What is a Medicare Supplement?
A Medicare supplement, also known as Medigap, is a type of insurance plan designed to fill in the gaps of coverage left by Original Medicare. Original Medicare consists of Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance), but it doesn’t cover all healthcare costs.
Medicare supplement plans are sold by private insurance companies and are standardized by the government, meaning each plan offers the same basic benefits regardless of the insurance company. These plans can help cover expenses such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance that are not covered by Original Medicare. They provide added financial protection and can help reduce out-of-pocket expenses for Medicare beneficiaries.
It’s important to note that Medicare supplement plans work alongside Original Medicare and do not provide stand-alone coverage. To enroll in a Medicare supplement plan, you must already have Original Medicare.
Why Choose a Medicare Supplement?
Choosing a Medicare supplement plan is an important decision, as it can impact your healthcare costs and coverage. Here are some considerations why you may want to choose a Medicare supplement plan:
- Flexibility: You have the ability to see any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare without network restrictions or having to seek a referral
- Guaranteed Renewable coverage: This means your policy will automatically renew as long as you pay your premium. Keep in mind that as coverage increases as Medicare deductibles increase will reflect in premium changes.
- No paperwork: All you have to do is present your ID card at the time of service and your benefits are paid directly to the doctor or hospital
- No waiting: In most cases your able to take full advantage of your benefits as soon as the policy is active and in place.
- Peace of mind: Most Medicare supplement policy holders are satisfied with their coverage knowing that their fully covered for the unexpected things in life.
- Household discounts: Ask us if you are eligible for a household discount or want us to quote a Medicare supplement with a discount built in.
- Additional benefits: Some Medicare supplement plans offer additional benefits, such as fitness benefit or gym memberships, coverage for foreign travel emergencies. If these additional benefits are important to you, factor them into your decision-making process.
Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment
Medicare supplement open enrollment, also known as Medigap open enrollment is a 6-month time frame beginning the first day of the month in which you are both age 65 and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
During your Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment your acceptance is guaranteed for any plan that you’re eligible to enroll in. During this period, insurance companies are required to sell you a Medicare supplement policy, regardless of your health status or pre-existing conditions
Why does this matter? Your open enrollment makes your application process easy and smooth, that means you are not subject to medical questions and underwriting reviews.
What if you had Medicare before Age 65? Good news! You have another open enrollment at age 65. Please call our office to discuss if this situation applies to you.
Medicare Supplement Underwriting
What happens if you are outside your Medicare Open Enrollment and don’t have a guaranteed issue situation? Maybe you like your plan benefits but your policy seems a lot more expensive than when you first started?
Having a licensed insurance agent that is experienced and independent can make the difference. Our team of agents has helped many people save money while still going through medical underwriting without sacrificing their benefits. If you want to review your benefits to make sure your current coverage is still competitive and within the industry standards, please contact us for a free policy review.